Sunday, October 14, 2012

The Best Chili You'll Ever Eat

When I gave birth to my son a friend dropped off chili that I've ever had! It has since become a constant recipe in my arsenal. I literally make this almost once a week. Its quick. Its filling. Its filled with so much goodness! My husband made it last night and I didnt think to start taking pictures till half way through so... a few steps are missing photo wise. The recipe is listed below the pictures




Recipe for the best chili ever


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 onion
1 can of corn
1 large can of diced tomatoes 
about 4 stalks of celery
1 large green pepper
1 packet of chili seasoning
2 large can of kidney beans
1 small can of black beans
you can use fresh chopped up garlic if you like a little extra, the seasoning packet will already have that flavor but we sometimes add extra
a little bit of butter (like a tablespoon amount)
salt and pepper
sour cream (optional)

ok so first I cut up all the veggies, I prefer bite size pieces as opposed to tiny diced pieces. Cut according to your preference though. Put the onions, celery, and green pepper in a skillet on med heat with the butter and sauté that till they are softened, my husband doesnt do this step for long he prefers them a little harder.
 in one big pot I put the diced tomatoes, I drain the can of corn add that, drain all the beans and add those, I also add the season packet to this pot. Include the veggies you just sautéed.

Clean out your skillet then brown your ground beef. Drain and add that to the pot. 

Let this cook stirring occasionally with a lid on it, simmer it on med low heat for about 30 min. Or you can do this test to see if its done to your preference, taste 5 dif beans and if they are done then the rest should be done. 

The nice thing about this is you can adjust how many jars of each thing you add based off of how many people you are feeding. Smaller jars for less ppl, larger for more. We usually have enough for lunch for the next two days as well as enough for me, my husband, and our 2 year old son, my husband and I eat huge portions though so...
I usually add shredded cheddar cheese to the top as you see in the pics above.






No comments:

Post a Comment