Friday, February 3, 2012

I made Naptural85's Creamy Shea Mix

So I love Naptural85's youtube channel...I LOVE her hair. She has such a simple routine, and gorgeous hair. I've always preferred simple routines when it comes to my natural hair care. I wanted to try out some of the things shes been using and referring to in her videos so I made a spritz with distilled water and aloe juice first, then decided to mix up a batch of her shea mix with just a couple variations.
Her mix is Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Coconut Oil, Vit E Oil.
MY mix is Shea Butter, Castor Oil, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, and Hairvedas Vatika Frosting. I added a little bit tooo much oil than I should of considering my Shea Butter was a smaller amount. I put all of it in a big mixing bowl and used a hand mixer on low for a couple min till it looked a little fluffy. If I would of put less oils than I did it would of been more fluffy, plus the vatika frosting consistency keeps it a tad less than it would be with plain coconut oil. The oils should be a small amount compared to the shea butter like a tsp to a tbsp.
 This stuff is AHHHMAAAZING.
Last night I sectioned my dry 2 day old wash n go hair, sprayed it down section by section with the water aloe mix. Then added the shea mix starting at my ends and going up half way, braided it and moved on to the next. My braids were about the size of a finger in width. Put on a satin bonnet went to sleep, took them down today and fluffed a little ( not much because I cant find my pick which is amazing for fluffing). Today my hair is so shiny and soft. I will say I realized I was a bit heavy handed because my hands feel a lil oily when I touch my hair, so next time Ill use less than I did last night lol. I love the results though! Im planning on mixing some up for my sister who is relaxed and wears braid outs.

8 comments:

  1. thank you! I like homemade stuff but not cleaning the mess afterwards :p I have a leave in I've been meaning to make but haven't had a chance to yet, if my laptop works I'll post it. I've been having some computer issues :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. your hair looks AMAZING! i may need to try this mixture too!!


    theMANEtopic.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post I have been thinking about making Naptural85's version of the shea butter myself especially for the winter months, I already make her oil concoction and love it to death!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks I think this stuff is awesome. I actually just got some vit e oil to remake it for this winter, Ive never tried her oil mix, Ive been wanting to try out her dc's though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi love,

    I stumbled across your blog through Google and I'm so happy I did! Your hair is beautiful and I love the detail that went into this post! I'll be trying the recipe for sure.

    PS -- I added your site to my blogroll on NaturalHairMojo.com!

    Be blessed!

    <3 Mojo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your kind words and for stopping by! Thanks for adding me to your blogroll your blog looks awesome! Let me know how it turns out when you try it :)

      Sophia

      Delete
  6. REALLY want to try this! Where can I find Shea Butter? The most natural form

    ReplyDelete