Friday, November 4, 2011

My Current Skincare Routine

So at 26 going on 27 very shortly, I have been thinking about anti aging products a lot. I've started investing ( yes investing cause im learning anti aging isnt cheap!) in trying out some different routines and products. Previously all I would do is wash my face with St.Ives apricot scrub, or Dial antibacterial soap and moisturize with Clinique dramatically different gel. The gel is oil free and keeps me from breaking out. I tend to have really oily skin but lately I'm noticing some dryer areas. SO earlier this year I started trying some things out, first off I got the Ole Henricksens three little wonders. I had read rave reviews for weeks and I had a TON (it literally equaled out to a full size product in samples lol) of the Truth Serum. I loved the truth serum only I cant say that it made a HUGE difference in my skin, what it did do was make it look more alive if that makes sense. A glow and brightness. The whole kit together broke me out horribly. Still to this day I have acne scars all around my jawline from that mess. If you look at my more recent vids on youtube you'll prob see them when I turn my head up or sideways. I ended up returning the kit. Went back to my ole soap and clinique routine I've ton for the past 10 years and my skin cleared up again. I really REALLY want good looking skin. So I started doing some more research and came across my current products in my routine starting with...
1. Cleanse
I purchased the Clarisonic Classic and a deep pore cleansing head brush ( I got a huge discount on this at sephora SCORE!) This brush has been AMAZING! I am literally shocked, always looking at my face in mirrors in shock at how good my skin has been looking since I've started using this. I love that its also waterproof so you can use it in the shower. If your going to get one, make sure you get one at a place where you have a warrenty and you can sometimes get them on QVC or another home shopping site where you can do multi pay options.
I use this brush with Peter Thomas Roth anti aging cleanser

2. Treat:
After washing in the morning I only use an eye cream which is the Shiseido Benefiance Concentrated Anti Wrinkle Eye Cream then go straight to my moisturizer, at night though after the eyes I use Peter Thomas Roth PM serum. This to me doesnt really feel like a serum its very watery but it is so awesome.


3. Moisturize: I use Peter Thomas Roth Mega Rich Intensive Anti Aging Celluar Creme. Sometimes I'll use Josie Maran Argan Oil, sometimes I'll use Clinques moisturizing gel.


4. Protect: Peter Thomas Roth Max Sheer All Day Defense Moisture Lotion.


Now individually all of these items are a bit pricey...however Sephora offers a package for around 56 dollars which is less than most of these for just one item. So its an awesome way to go about getting started with skincare. Sephora will also take returns within 90 days so you can try it and return it if it doesnt work for you.



So I'm loving these products, my skin is loving them. I cant stop lookin in mirrors at how nice its coming along. They have def all been well worth it. Hopefully this is going to help me combat the aging process :)

No comments:

Post a Comment