Monday, January 23, 2012

Belly Pic/ Hair updates...

13 wks 4 days
So I havent really talked to much about hair products or makeup since I've been pregnant but thats just because those two things have been far far from the front of my mind lol. My skin and hair are very upset about that! The time period where I couldnt drink water really messed me up! My skin has been breaking out all along my jaw line, but not just my face, Im getting acne on my back my arms my legs?! Its driving me crazy because the last time this happened I was maybe 13! Thankfully I  can drink water again! I am trying to drink around 90 oz (starting today) Yesterday I had about 60 which is the most I've had in months in one day. My hair is sooooo dry. Super extremely dry. Usually if my hair gets dry when Ive been wearing it curly for awhile Ill straighten it for about a week and when I wash it, it goes back to normal, not as dry anymore. Not this time! Its dry straight, its dry curly its just DRY! I've been going straight a week curly a week. I've been trying to find a good deep conditioner because none of the things I have are working and they normally do. I love biolage ultra hydrating balm, only I'm all out! I should probably just go ahead and buy another bottle because I know that works amazing on my hair. I've been trying natural stuff, silicone's, non sulfates and sulfates (to clarify in case of a possible buildup being the reason for the dryness). Nothing is helping. A new product that I bought and have used the past few days is Moroccan Oil brands oil treatment.


Only...its not an oil treatment lol its more like a silicone treatment the ingredient list is full of silicones one lil oil insert and its not the first thing. I honestly am not sure if its a heat protectant. I have spent some time online looking for the answer to that but no where credible either says straight up yes or no to it being one. I even emailed the company about a week ago but no answer yet. Sooo, based off of the youtube vids and blogs I read...I used it as one prior to blow drying. I used GHD prior to flat ironing though. Afterwards I added a little more to my ends. Ive actually been adding it to my ends everyday and it has been smoothing, and makes it shiny no build up, no greasy feeling. I tried it with a wash n go also, it dried my hair out BAD so its a no go for the curly styles. Usually when I wear my hair curly, I use all natural stuff. When I wear my hair straight, I use silicone's and sulfates. I like to clarify prior to straightening then clarify again prior to going curly. My DC ( deep conditioner) prior to curly is a natural one, my DC prior to going straight is normally a non natural one. Lately I've been cutting my hair straight across the bottom every few weeks because I want it long but I also want it all one length for the most part. Not tons of layers like I had from my BC growing out. Hence the bob look. I am seriously debating on rockin the bob for a bit though....YES I said I would never cut my hair again until it was down my back....but I am really liking my hair at this length. So...I'm not sure how many ppl are actually going to read this...BUT if you do! 1 thank you! 2 what is your favorite deep conditioner?? How do you combat dry hair??

3 comments:

  1. My skin is breaking out around the jawline too. I'll be looking into your products.

    You look gorgeous preggers. Love that sweater dress.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. HairVeda has a deep conditioner (without protein). Give it a try - even overnight. It's called SitriNillah. You may be using products with protein and have too much protein.

    Veda

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Veda! I have actually tried that once before! It smelled so good! At first it didnt moisturize my hair to well..not enough for me to pay full price for it anyways. I got it when she was doing a big sale. I mixed it up with a few oils though and it was pretty nice then. Ill prob get some more next time she has a sale :)I need to look into the protein thing, that could def be it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete